Maintenance Technician Assistant
Maintain the day-to-day operations and to assume responsibility for maintaining the physical asset of the property under the direction of the Onsite Resident Manager/Property Asset Manager. Performs highly diversified duties to troubleshoot, repair and maintain single family, multifamily and commercial properties. Adhere to safety procedures in all aspects of repair and maintenance efforts.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned.
- Complete “make-ready” process of vacant apartments as directed by the Onsite Resident Manager.
- Work within expense limits established.
- Maintain inventory controls for cost effective operations.
- Schedule and complete preventative maintenance.
- Coordinate special projects as directed by the Onsite Resident Manager.
- Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors.
- Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance service as scheduled.
- Carry pager/cell phone as required for on-call maintenance.
- Monitor and maintain all building systems as assigned.
- Complete grounds work as directed by Onsite Resident Manager which may include picking up trash, sweeping curb and dumpster areas and maintaining landscaping beds and other areas.
- Responsible for alerting the Onsite Resident Manager of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur.
- Complete payroll time sheets and mileage reimbursement and submit to supervisor as determined
- Maintain a professional courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees.
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines.
- Ensure compliance of all work related activities in a fair, ethical, and consistent manner.
- Follow established company policies and those outlined in the Property Management Handbook.
- This job requires exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently.
- Special projects and other responsibilities as may be determined.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires a high school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience;
- Three to five years repair/maintenance experience preferred;
- Basic knowledge and experience in electrical, plumbing, mechanical, irrigation, appliance and general repairs required;
- An AA degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance a plus;
- HVAC certification desireable;
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently, and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm, focused, positive and cheerful while changing direction and priorities frequently;
- Openness to continuing learning and enhancing skills.
Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times.
The following are additional skills that would be beneficial for success in the position.
- Experience working in a property management and rental industry;
- Experience working with Yardi Systems software, Microsoft Word & Excel
Public Relations Assistant
Under limited supervision, gathers and coordinates community groups for the purpose of advocating for specific measures at local government hearings. Researches issues and prepares communications under the direction of the Public Affairs Manager. Serves as day-to-day liaison with the political advocacy groups, political candidates, governmental bodies and other constituencies.
Specific duties and projects will be determined in part by external events. But the following are anticipated as main responsibilities of the position, to be completed on behalf of Granville Homes.
- Determine strategy and organization of community members for attendance at City, County, and local school board meetings.
- Draft letters to the editor on behalf of community members, talking points for community action groups giving public testimony.
- Investigate public issues and secure timely, accurate answers
- Assist in planning meetings, press conferences, special events related to public issues.
- Track local and statewide elections to identify potential candidates and coordinate meetings to discuss pertinent issues affecting Granville.
- Handle special assignments of a confidential nature.
- Make routine public appearances and speak on behalf of Granville as assigned.
- Track legislative and regulatory activity of potential impact to Granville operations, and provide briefings for the owners and other executives.
- Coordinate contacts with government officials and their staffs.
The Public Relations Assistant must demonstrate a working knowledge of the real estate industry, state and local politics, litigation process, the legislative process, and basic economics
- Ability to speak and write in a highly professional, persuasive manner;
- Ability to gather and maintain contact with local community action groups;
- Ability to handle sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to accurately summarize legislative and financial documents;
- Skill in use of the Internet and applicable computer software;
- Highly proficient in researching a variety of topics and providing analysis and summaries;
- Strategic thinker who understands the right approach to handle difficult situations;
- This is not an 8-5 job; some evenings and weekends are required as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, business, economics, communications or other applicable field;
- Two years of experience dealing with public issues in a professional capacity;
- A significant portfolio of published writing.
This candidate will work with in-house accounting and legal professionals as well as outside tax professionals to identify and assess the financial, tax and legal implications of different transactions. The tax attorney will be responsible for providing support on tax planning initiatives and implementing the company's tax strategy. This requires substantive knowledge in business and real estate taxation and strong interpersonal and communication skills. In addition, the ideal candidate will ensure compliance within our companies by assessing how transactions are reported and assure compliance with all laws.
- LL.M in Taxation or other equivalent tax experience/education required;
- Experience with legal research and writing required;
- Experience reading, interpreting and summarizing legal and financial documents required;
- Experience with Partnership, Real Estate and Corporate tax required;
- Experience with Estate tax preferred but not required;
- Understanding of financial reporting and GAAP principles required;
- Must be able to provide tax compliance, audit defense and tax litigation support;
- Excellent judgment, problem solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions on complex areas of the law; and
- Ability to communicate complex and technical matters in a simple and clear manner.
- Recent law graduates will be considered.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and related software programs;
- High level of Microsoft Excel proficiency;
- Must be technologically savvy and able to demonstrate competence in a variety of technological platforms and processes;
- Must have ability to quickly become familiar with new software and devices; and
- Must have the ability to conduct effective internet research.
This position owns the marketing programs for Granville’s single family, multi-family and non-profit divisions that support the sales goals of the organization while building the valued Granville brand in all their communities.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities:
This person will develop and execute the integrated marketing strategy for Granville, including:
- Brand Building and Management
- Market Research & Measurement
- Public & Media Relations
- Constituent Relations (Realtor Community, Homeowners, etc.)
- Granville Website and Social Media Platforms
- Event Design and Activation
- Cause Marketing
- Direct Marketing and Database Management
- Model Home Sales/Promotional Collateral and Signage
- Production of quarterly Granville Lifestyle magazine and online site
- Cross-departmental communications for total integration
Proven competencies shall include:
- Campaign Development and Execution
- Integrated campaigns, including advertising in broadcast, online and OOH
- Event (Experiential) Marketing and Activation
- Development of online community-building
- Design and Interpretation of Market Research
- Marketing Department Budget Management and Optimization
- Vendor Selection,Negotiation and Management
- Competitive Intelligence Gathering and Reporting
- Cross-divisional internal communication that earns support, encourages transparency and contributes to a positive work environment
- On-time scheduling and deliverables
- Developing strong programs that result in sales
- Staff development and management
This position has seven (7) direct reports and is responsible to coordinate efforts with Sales and Design departments.
As a member of the Granville management team, this person is expected to be innovative and be a positive reflection of the corporate culture to internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and traits. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leadership skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or a related field preferred
- Current experience in consumer marketing in a fast-paced environment (10+ years);
- Brand Building
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Engaging presentation skills
- Very detail oriented
- Creativity and analytical skills
- Ability to persuade and negotiate
- Good listener
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Passionate about producing high quality work.
Public Relations - News Director
Under the guidance/supervision of the President, the News Director (ND) leads and manages the planning, production and presentation of news. The ND supervises the Public Relations department staff and will be an integral part of its talent acquisition efforts. The ND works in cooperation with local leaders and news media to support the mission of the President.
The ND has responsibility and understanding of news planning, reporting, editing and production. The ND helps define and maintain ethical, editorial, artistic, and technical standards for company news on broadcast/print media programs. The ND helps manage content published to the company website, blogs, Granville Lifestyle and other outlets.
Editorial Planning, Scheduling, Editing
The ND directs the activities of the Public Relations department to develop story ideas, track issues and events, select staff for coverage, and schedule time for interviewing, writing and editing.
The ND serves as a primary editor to insure reports for publication/broadcasting are produced in an effective, timely and responsible manner.
The ND acts as a proactive liaison to various internal and external constituencies to advance the company’s outreach and to inform the media on pertinent issues, including but not limited to the Marjorie Mason Center, the Granville Home of Hope project, and general public advocacy.
The ND is part of the Public Affairs team and contributes content on a regular basis. The ND may need to prepare press releases, appear as a TV program guest to represent the company, and produce various news videos, features or special programs.
Administration of Personnel, Budget, Technology
The ND helps set goals and monitor scheduling and performance of Public Affairs staff. Personnel management includes recruitment and hiring. The ND manages the Public Affairs department budget — including annual planning, monthly monitoring, and routine handling. The ND helps maintain basic equipment and information systems vital to news planning, newsgathering, news production and news presentation.
Community Relations and Support
The ND seeks opportunities to promote public contact to help ascertain public needs and bolster the Company’s success. The ND participates in company events and fundraising activities for American Medical Overseas Relief (AMOR) as appropriate.
The ND adheres to deadlines and makes timely and effective decisions in situations requiring prompt attention. The ND will create positive media relations and utilize those partnerships to help impact influence on policy.
- Four-year degree in journalism — or equivalent — required.
- Minimum three years full-time professional experience in journalism — preferably television/print news.
- Familiarity with television news programming standards and values.
- Successful candidate will possess broad knowledge of local and regional public policy issues.
- Experience in broadcast production, news writing and editing is required.
- Must possess effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent on-line research abilities.
- Must have excellent memory for details, be able to meet daily deadlines under stressful conditions, and deal effectively multiple tasks simultaneously.
This position is responsible for producing new and maintaining existing construction documents for single family projects.
- Experienced in the use of CAD (Preferably AutoCad) to draw architectural construction documents of single family projects
- Coordinate drawings of other disciplines, civil, structural & PME for each project;
- Develop construction documents encompassing all aspects of design;
- Conduct field inspections as needed to aid the production and quality assurance process;
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas and related data to assess factors affecting the details or design of projects
- Ability to work in a team environment by collaborating with the Quality Assurance, Production, Estimating/Purchasing and land development departments
- Modify and revise plans to correct deficiencies or production problems; and
- Familiar with requirements and ability to work with city building department in attaining permits
- Familiar with Residential building code requirements
- Provide improvement suggestions for existing departmental procedures, or innovate with new ideas.
- Must know Excel software well, work with spread sheets, responsible for maintaining and updating information
- Will work with the different school districts coordinating payment of fees and keep good records
- Knowledge of 3d software such as google skectchup or photoshop a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3+ years Cad experience( preferably AutoCad) working with single family projects, schematic design and constructing documents;
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in construction management, architecture and/or engineering;
- Demonstrated blend of creative and analytical skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment coordinating and consulting with others to design, lay out and/or detail plans;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize;
- Demonstrated ability to meet designated deadlines;
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction or follow up;
- Ability to concentrate with constant interruptions and changes;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Present information in verbal and written form in a professional manner;
- Professional behavior and appearance;
- Schedule flexibility including the ability to work some evenings and/or weekends to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to use own car to drive as part of day to day tasks